Friday, November 6, 2009

Welcome to CSU Alternative Breaks Blog!

Hello!

Welcome to the Colorado State University Alternative Breaks Blog! We are anxiously awaiting a new alternative break season, which will be kicked off with a winter trip to Samburu, Kenya, followed by 13 amazing spring break trips! I know that 2009-2010 alt break season is going to be one to remember!

I recently learned about the Japanese philosophy of "kaizen," which is basically the idea that great change is often the result of many small steps. Sometimes I think about the impact of alternative breaks, both on agencies and students, and ponder the question, "How do we measure the change that we inspire through this program?" Sometimes the impact is quantifiable, like the thousands of hours we've collectively contributed to nonprofits across the country and world. But sometimes the change is not so clear cut or seems like one small step in a long journey. How do you measure the opening of a mind? The budding of a new life-long friendship? A commitment to a new cause?

I don't know the answers to these questions, but I know that my love, commitment, and enthusiasm for this program grows every year.

If you are ready for your life to be changed, start here.
Great change begins with one small step and I'm taking mine NOW....









No comments:

Post a Comment